Tuesday, August 15, 2006

NO Carbs after 5pm - I am going to go insane

A few weeks ago, I went to Minneapolis to do an talk show about my documentary film. It was a public access show and they give you your tape when you leave. I sat is horror as I watched the footage. I am tall, 6'5" and weight - 1230 pounds - ok maybe not that much, but let's just say I am fat - obese even. As I am watching the footage, I notice I look like a bald duck. I have big lips that protrude from my face. Almost Angelina Like. And I am nodding, repetatively. Very much like a duck.

I am an active listener. I also have been. I am the kind of person that would watch Days of Our lives in College and nod or scream at the television - giving the characters my advice as they would get buried alive or turn in Satan.

So, I realized in watching myself on this television interview program, that somehow without my knowledge, I have turned into a fat, bald duck. I don't know exactly when it happened, but slowly over the course of 5 years I have put on more weight that I would care to admit.

Working my crappy day job for 4 years didn't help matters. I would show up to this nasty ugly job and work from 9-9:30am to 8-9 at night. Now that may not sound like much, but when you hate your boss, and your job, and the company you work for - it's torture.

So I am making a change, I know - I have sad this many many times before, but I am doing. I just quit smoking. And I sure as hell am not going to up even more weight on from that. So I made the change, I went to the gym. It's a nice gym, It's has a pool and is in an old hotel ballroom. I go in the morning, before i go to my office (where my production company is located). I am looking at this like it's my job. Hard crappy work that I don't want to do - but if want to get what i want - I have to.

No comments: