Friday, May 27, 2005

Another adult children's book....

I am enjoying writing this series of fairy tales for adults:

My heart beats strong
This head is clear
I was not wrong
I should not fear

The day is passing
The night is still
No one's harrassing
I found the will

There was a day
twelve years ago
that i would pray
just to know

the day could pass
the night could still
without the gas
i climbed the hill

the spit would fly
the fists did soar
there was no cry
i would not roar

the hill was steep
it rose and rose
i did not creep
i did not dose

and at the peak
the sun was setting
what did i seek
what was i getting

and than i saw it
plan as day
my past did fit
i'd found the way

i was climbing
from myself
no more mining
i held the wealth

My heart beats strong
This head is clear
I was not wrong
I should not fear

No comments: